
After spending the morning at home hanging out just the three of us, we picked up Ella's Great Grandma Dixie, Grandma Thomas and Aunt Caitlin, and we all headed out to Mama Carpinos; one of my favorite Italian restaurants. We waited a while to be seated but the food was delicious and well worth the wait. Ella held up surprisingly well considering we were there long past her normal afternoon nap time which was a pleasant surprise.
But the real excitement came at the end of our meal. Ella started to get a little fussy so Guy took her out of the high chair. After sitting on both of our laps we let her walk around the little area near our table. When she bent over to pick something up off the ground we both saw immediately that poop had come out of her diaper and was up her back and all over her clothes! So gross! I quickly pulled the Mother's Day card and off Guy went to clean her up and give her shirt a quick wash in the bathroom sink (because of course I didn't have a change of clothes). Thankfully we were just about to leave when it happened so once Ella was all cleaned up we left; but not with out one last reminder of why Mom's get a day to celebrate what they do...
As we get in the car Guy looks over and says "Is that poop on your pants?" Yup! That's right! I had baby poop on my pants! It was a quick reminder that being a Mom never ends. I looked at Guy and said "Happy Mother's Day". =) It made us both laugh.

Ella, Thank you for a year full of laughter, love, and learning. I love you so much!,
Mom
now THAT'S what i call being a mommy! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Heather your nickname will be poopy-pants, (again)
ReplyDeleteMarie :O)