Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deck the Halls

Finding the perfect tree this year was quite the adventure. I had envisioned us going as a family and cutting down our own perfect tree. Much to our surprise we found a "Christmas Tree Farm" right here in the desert! We called them up, made an appointment, and headed out first thing in the morning. Chris and Sweta came along for the adventure. We pulled up and found that our "Christmas Tree Farm" was in fact just some trees being grown in someones front yard. None of the tree's were quite what I had envisioned, but the couple were so friendly we felt somewhat obligated to get a tree. So we cut down the best version of a Charlie Brown tree we could find and went on our way. After some breakfast, we headed out to an old fashioned Christmas Tree Lot and brought home one of the biggest and most beautiful trees we have ever had. Guy decided to take the Charlie Brown tree under his wing and decorate it with hundred's of lights and the leftover bulbs from the big tree. So now we have two tree's and a memory that will make us laugh for years to come.

IMG_6363.JPG

IMG_6402.JPG

IMG_6308.JPG

IMG_6385.JPG

IMG_6419.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

Please note: The tree's have only been up 2 days and Ella has already broken 3 ornaments. Fortunately all sentimental ornaments are up high on the tree because at that rate, were not going to have many ornaments left by Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Your family is soo stinkin adorable. I love you and hope to see you soon. - Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!
    I have to say that I was thinking, Heather you must be exagerating- your "Charlie Brown Tree" COULDN'T be THAT bad...
    I laughed out loud when I scrolled down and saw what you were talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete